In an institution like this one, delivering quality Education does not occur by chance, it involves consistent, persistent planning and implementation of the academic programmes. Jinja College has a strong, committed, devoted and God fearing staff that has religiously planned, implemented and evaluated the academic programme. They leave no stone unturned in the bid to ensure academic success in the school. No wonder we are among the best institutions in the District and in the Country
Co- curricular activities
One of our core values is wholesomeness. We there make a deliberate effort to nurture our students’ talents in co-curricular activities as well. This year, just like in the past the students participated in various co-curricular activities at different level. Such activities include; games, sports, music, dance, drama, athletics and debates, and Essay writing. In Chess, one of the famous games here in school, the team came out as winners at the National level in 2019. One of our students Batambuze Amisi S.4E was 3rd best in the Africans schools tournament. Participants were drown from Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. In the National Insurance Essay writing and drawing competition, our students took the first position, 1st runners up and 2nd runners up. The school Handball team also took the Jinja District trophy.
- COPA COCA COLA Tournament 2019 Edition.
I am happy to report that the school successfully hosted the above tournament from 4th – 17th May, 2019. Sixty (60) teams from all over the Country participated. We thank the Almighty God who enabled us hold this National event with Minimal challenges.
Health and Welfare
We have continued to get genuine and quality medicine from Jinja Diocese Medical Stores.
This year, we again had some students vaccinated against hepatitis B. We appreciate the staff of Jinja Diocese Medical Stores for the good service.
The school looks after its staff and students very well.
- The menu for the students is rich not only are they served with posho and beans, but also chicken, rice, fish and other.
- Meat/fish/chicken is served fortnightly and on every public holiday
- The staff members receive their food basket in time.
- The allowances for staff are paid promptly thus, PTA allowances, child assistance allowances, house rent, transport extra teaching allowances and night lessons allowance.
The students’ discipline has continued to improve save for a few misguided students who earned themselves an indefinite suspension. We still have a handful of students who can never settle down during prep time. But the team in-charge of prep is on the ground and handles the issues very professionally.
- Teachers’ workshop and ASSHU meetings
Our teachers are facilitated to attend various workshops in different subjects in the course of the year. This is intended for capacity building and professional development.
- The Head teacher and the deputy Head teachers attended the Regional and National ASSHU workshops in Bugiri and Arua respectively. These workshops are good in that governance and management skills are given. We appreciate the BOG and PTA for sponsoring these trainings.
- Platinum Jubilee Celebration
Our school will make 75 years in 2021. To prepare for these celebrations, a committee has been put in place. They have held the first meeting, and many more meetings are yet to be held. We request you for ideas as we plan for this event.
- PTA Mega Project
There is a plan to start a storeyed building (two floors) three laboratory rooms for A’ level students, a library and classrooms. The construction plans are ready and we are awaiting the BOG’s approval.
- Achievements for 2019
The following achievements were registered;
- We managed to run the school without major challenges.
- The learners were taught, assessed and evaluated successfully.
- Most programmed activities were executed. We are yet to execute the remaining ones.
- We looked after the staff and learners successfully.
- The works on the Multi-purpose hall were completed. What is left is acquiring furniture.
- A two – classroom block and an office was constructed and equipped with furniture.
- A 14 stance water – borne toilet was constructed.
- A three room staff quarter was constructed (accommodates some kitchen staff). Six beds were also bought for this staff.
- The kitchen was rehabilitated and three energy saving boilers installed.
- Three houses in the lower compound of the school were renovated and so were the wash rooms attached to these dormitories.
- The library was repainted.
- The Bus shed was constructed.
- A new car for the Head teacher’s office was acquired.
- The computer laboratory (students and teachers) were equipped with additional computers.
- New furniture for some classes was bought.
- The library was equipped with new text books.
- Financed our games and sports teams to District, regional and National level.