Jinja College is a catholic founded boys boarding school located on Rubaga hill two kilometers north of Jinja city.
The school was founded in 1946 by the Mill Hill Missionary Fathers when the administration of Budini College decided to transfer the institution to a site with easy access to social amenities. They moved to occupy the premises which had been vacated by the Franciscan sisters. Fr. Mc Gough became the first head teacher of the new institution now named Jinja College. Initially, a private junior school (S.1 to S.3) became a government aided school and upgraded to secondary status (S.1 to S.4) in 1965 with Fr. Jones as its head teacher. In 1981, the school was upgraded again to “A” level status (S.1 to S.6), offering Arts and Science subjects with Mr. Boniface Kategano as the head teacher.